Thursday, September 21, 2006

Rotten Luck

I've broken a tooth, the dishwasher is broken (faulty intake valve) and my work laptop was behaving badly. My dog chewed a seat belt in the back seat of the company car to bits. That repair has to be paid for by yours truly. Then the cat died and yesterday screen on the home computer went dark and won't display anything. Now it makes a soft clicking sound while remaining dark. To top it all off, I had an eye exam today and discovered that I need bifocals. (insert foul word here)

Now the work laptop is back from head office where they had a good look at my e-mail outbox and checked to see how many non-work websites I visited. The laptop seems to be okay again.

I now have a temporary patch on my tooth while I wait for my appointment at the dentist to come around.

My friend (and electrician) Patrick a/k/a Paddy will be here tomorrow at 9 to see about the dishwasher and the computer.

Polly can no longer be left in the car without a muzzle. I hate that, but I hate chewing damage more.

I don't smoke anymore, but some days I really miss it. I don't really drink that much anymore either. It is my hatred of hangovers that stopped that. Perhaps I just need some time off. I'd love to run away and walk the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. I'd get right with Jesus, and lose some weight.

Forgive the grumble. I get over this stuff pretty quickly.

8 comments:

Jay said...

That sounds like a pretty crummy day. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm gonna see if blogger has fixed the beta commenting problem.

Let's see if this works .... *sticks out tounge and holds it to the side*

Peggy said...

Hey! The comment worked Jay! Things could be turning a corner.

Derek said...

At least your blog still rules like no other. Yeah! Rock!

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours. Take comfort in knowing...it's short-lived, things always get better, and it's happened to all of us.

Good luck with your tooth problem Peggy....

Anonymous said...

In my line of work, luck is everything. And I've always found that a string of bad is always followed by a string of good. So there's something to look forward to! I'm not sure I could survive without a dishwasher though. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your rotten luck! We've had a string of mishaps here too- fridge quit working, phone is out (going on a week now- thanks Verizon). Must be some planetary thing. Stuff happens. But like Joy said, it's pretty short lived. Now it's Friday, you have the weekend ahead of you. All good!

Sal

Anonymous said...

I just showed your entry to my office mate and wouldn't you know it...she has two friends who walked the Pilgrimage last year! They said it was draining (they didn't train before hand) but they met some really cool people and had a very good experience.

Sal

Dogbait said...

It won't take you long to get used to bifocals.