Sunday, September 03, 2006

Quelle horreur!

I am having trouble sleeping at the moment. I take the quiet time in the wee hours of the morning to patrol blogs. Sometimes I can get sleepy again and go back to bed. Other times I just can't. I'm glad I can type because it means that I don't need to have the light on to see the keyboard and that minimises the impact of my wakefulness on the rest of the family. When we get the extension finished, the computer will have its own room in the new office. Then I can have the light on, because even though I can type pretty well, I still have to look to type numbers.This morning, I remembered that there was one last piece of some lovely brioche in the kitchen and I thought I'd have that with a mug of tea. It wasn't to be. The tin that held the brioche is empty and in the dishwasher! So now I don't even want a cup of tea. Well, maybe I do . . .

Kettle in the new office? Good idea or bordering on extreme sluggishness?

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Its 8:30 now - So I'm up for the day.

Salad and water? You are SO Californian!

Xtreme English said...

salad and water? please....

Peggy said...

Thanks for telling me! I hadn't noticed. I've got the small badge up there now, I'll try to get my old badge back up there in the fullness of time. Another casualty of the big switch over.

Xtreme English said...

If it were me, I definitely would get a kettle for the new office. It just sounds like so much fun to have your own spot in the new addition. A room of one's own!!!

The only late night snack that's worth anything to me is string cheese. Knocks me right out.

Peggy said...

As nice as that would be, the new office will not be a room of my own.

Xtreme English said...

when you're the only one in it, it'll be yours!