Tuesday, April 14, 2020

MICE!

So the mice ate all the radish seedling the day after they popped up. 

I have not replanted them yet, but I will.  I am going to wait until there are other things available for the mice to eat before I do that.

The trick to getting rid of mice is to 1. Remove food. 2. Stop them from coming in.   3.  Put down mouse traps.    If I can't stop the mice from coming in the greenhouse, there is no point in moving on to step 3, mouse traps.

We have mice in the house too!  Yesterday was a sunny and warm day.  I saw THREE in the house. 
They were all little mice and in very different parts of the house.  The mice I saw were very little, juvenile mice.  The sort that are just big enough to leave home for the first time. 

One mouse tried to shelter under the dog.  That didn't work out so well.  The dog didn't care or move but the mouse realised that he was trying to hide in the fur of another animal.  That particular little mousey was caught in the corner of the room with a plastic cup and a bit of stiff cardboard.    I took it outside.  It will either die out there or find it's way back in.

Today I bought three new mousetraps when I went into town.  I have baited them and placed them strategically around the house. 

We normally only have mice problems in the autumn when the weather cools down. Mice want to come in where it's warm. I don't remember having a spring mouse problem before.

No comments: