Monday, April 13, 2020

Gardens Have So Many Enemies

A garden has many enemies.  Sometimes I wonder if it is ever worth all the effort!
Weeds, frost, mice, rabbits, too much rain, not enough rain, slugs, aphids, caterpillars and beetles!  Let's not forget diseases.  They're all out to get my garden.

I went in to the little greenhouse to get some chicken feed and have a look at the little radish seedlings that popped up the day before.  They were GONE!  Not a bit left anywhere.  The two little volunteer tomato seedlings I had been nurturing were gone too.  Crap.
I have plenty of radish seed so I will resow them.  

I won't put tomato plants in that greenhouse until they are bigger than seedlings.  Is there a point to putting a mousetrap in a greenhouse that has open access to the outside?  It seems a bit mean.  I need a nice fat snake or a weasel.  
Please for the love of God don't tell me to get a cat.  We can't have cats. 

No comments: