Monday, May 04, 2020

Jobs Done!

The Vegetable Patch is Ready
As there is nowhere else to go and the weather has been glorious!  Jobs got done!
The Man of the Place did the lion's share of that digging.  For this I am so grateful!
The vegetable patch in all its glory.  I really must get out there and put stuff in.  There are things that can go in now and should have gone in a few weeks ago.  I can put the peas and onions in.  Anything else that might suffer with frost has to wait.

Washing the Greenhouse

 
The greenhouses were tidied up a while ago.  I got a lot of junk out of them at the time.  When it isn't growing season, the greenhouses end up as see-through storage. 

For most of yesterday it was very clear and sunny.  I put sunscreen on my face and wore a hat while I emptied the greenhouses.
I can fool myself into thinking that I don't really need to wash the glass every year.  That is until I empty them and have a hard look.  It really needed to be done.  I don't remember if I cleaned the glass last year.  I'm glad I did it.

It is immensely satisfying to blast the green off the glass.  I give the greenhouse frame itself a good blast too.  I feel like a better gardener after washing everything down. 
You can see the clouds were building just as I finished with the power washer.  It started to rain just as I was putting things back in. 
I was tired after blasting off the green and went for a sit and a cup of tea.

Today I am nursing a migraine.  It is almost gone now so I will go out and see about getting those peas in the soil.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

It all looks super organised. I'll be following the growth in your garden, wishing I had a garden too. I just have a very small space where I grow runner beans. But perhaps soon..... I am planning a move to my son's in-law apartment at his country property once all this virus business is over.

Sarah said...

Nice work! It feels so satisfying to power through a job like this. You deserved your cup of tea. :)