Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Treasured Gift

Years and years ago - possibly 1988.  After a move from Boca Raton, Florida back to Iowa City, my beloved sister and her new husband sent me a set of towels. A blue bath towel and a pink bath towel.  There was also a blue and pink hand towel set and matching face cloths.  There may have been two of each colour but it has been so long now, the memory is fading.

The towels were SO welcome!  I was always broke back then.  I was raising two little boys on my own on a secretary's wages.  Having a nice set of thick, fluffy, matching towels was a little bit of luxury.  I had enough nice towels to make a nice display of them in the bathroom.

Boy did I ever use them!  They stood up to vigorous and daily use. 

Over the years most of the towels have disappeared. I may have given my eldest son the blue half of the set when he left home.   
This is the last towel, one lone faded pink hand towel.  I won't get rid of it.  It is still in regular use all these years on. 

Sometimes when I am using it, I am thankful for my sister and her generous support all those years ago.  I don't know if she remembers sending me the towels.  I am pretty sure I said thank you back then. I am also sure that I haven't mentioned them since.  I should have.  They made domestic life a little easier for a long time.

No comments: