Sunday, June 14, 2020

Oh! Things are starting to happen!  A few small green tomatoes have appeared on the vines.

I really want them to hurry up, get fat and ripen!  More food needed for the tomato plants.  I have plenty of tomato food so that's not a problem.

When I went out there to tie up the tomato plants, I discovered a slug on the lettuce.  It had already munched a whacking great hole in one of the leaves.  I had always assumed that the big black ones didn't eat stuff in the garden.  This one was caught in the act!
I just plucked it off and promptly threw it at my husband.  He was not impressed. It was an underhand toss.  It wasn't like I was throwing a baseball. . . .  I thought I was being very funny.

2 comments:

Shammickite said...

EEEEW big black slug, nasty. But I suppose he was beautiful to another big black slug. Was that the only one? I bet there are more lurking somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Nice black slug picture!