Thursday, March 26, 2020

Panic gardening

As you may be aware, there is a global pandemic at the moment. As of this week, the UK is in lock-down.

I knew this was coming and it couldn’t happen fast enough! I got plenty of chicken feed and dog food in. I can get hungry. I’m okay with that, but not the animals!
My hens enjoying some sunshine
I also kicked my gardening into gear. I’ve always dabbled (I refer you to the title of my blog)

The greenhouses are used for glorified storage outside the growing season. That came to a swift halt.
Cleaning!
I replaced the broken panes of glass. It is an unpleasant job. I really hate the W shaped glazing clips. They ping across the grass at the earliest opportunity. It also hurts fingers when pushing new ones into place.   I still have one left to replace. I noticed it was broken yesterday when I was washing things down.

seed stash
Tomorrow sees me planting lettuce and radishes in the poly tunnel.  More on that later.
vegetable seeds 
I find it reassuring to have tidy rows of germinating seeds. It is comforting to be able to grow your own food.

No comments: