Monday, January 03, 2011

This is Not What I Had Planned

I was going to start the new year with tales of intrepid dives along the Irish Sea or possibly the North Sea depending on the direction of the wind . . .

New Year's Eve saw me calling things off because I was developing a deep cough.  It is forbidden to dive with a cough or plugged up nose.  It is way too dangerous for a delicate human body and definitely not worth any risk.

So, the first day of the new year saw me at home - sniffing, coughing and watching old movies and playing with my new camera and lovingly stroking the Ikelite underwater housing that showed up under the tree at the same time.  So, I have figured out zoom, delete, whitebalance (important for underwater photography), moving image, macro and a bunch of other features.

A few days on and I'm a little better but The Man of the Place has been struck down with this bug as well.  I'm phoning the doctor in the morning. 

When there are flu like symptoms the advice is to not go to the doctor, let him come to you. 

Just stay away . . . it isn't pleasant around here.

No comments: