Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spring Flowers

Now that we are in the depths of spring, my allergies are making themselves known. I manage to keep the worst of my sneezing managed with some steroid spray up the nose every morning but when the pollen count gets high, my eyes itch something awful!

I don't mind too much though. This time of year brings the start of the flower season. I just love flowers.

Here are a few beauties from our garden. This bearded iris is called Black Swan. Isn't it stunning? Pay no attention to the tall grass behind the flower. That is where the lovely paved patio is going to be. The Man of the Place says that this patio will be finished this summer . . . . I'm not going to hold my breath.

A lovely lily.

One of the hanging baskets. This one is by the back door and was planted up just two short weeks ago.
Polly wants to play.

I hope you are all able to get out and enjoy the spring flowers.

No comments: