Saturday, June 14, 2008

Can You Believe It?

A new mole hill showed up today!! It wasn't very large as the ground is a bit hard at the moment. Nobody was more surprised than I was! I've already stomped it down and re-seeded the spot so there wasn't any point in taking a photo of it.

I've already put in a call to Gamekeeper Mike.

I will not ignore the problem in the hope that it goes away as I did earlier in the year.

Direct action and mole-i-cide is the only way to get rid of them.

As we are going on our family summer holiday in two weeks, it was time to get all the live plants that have yet to be planted out in the borders out of the greenhouse. If the weather is decent, I'll get them into the garden tomorrow.

As I was in the greenhouse, I tackled the grapevine. It was starting its annual takeover of the greenhouse. I know nothing about pruning a grape vine, so I hacked it back to four main branches and am only letting those four grow. This might be easier to manage.

No comments: