Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Day

We had a little family party last night. One of George's friends, a nice kid named Scott was over here as well. This morning, we awoke to lots of leftover party food. We had two choices, eat all the stuff we didn't eat last night or go with something different.

"Mom, I don't like honey roasted peanuts."

"Shut up and eat your breakfast."

"Can't I have something else?"

"Sure. Pretzels."
As we did last year, we started 2008 with waffles.
The recipe for waffles can be found here.

I'm getting pretty good at making these.
We didn't have the big storm that we had last year, but it is dark and rainy. It's been dark and rainy since we got back from Egypt. Having had a week of sunlight, really makes coming back to gloomy rain all the more soul destroying. I can't wait for the sun to come back!
Now I'm off to consider New Year's resolutions. I don't normally make resolutions. I figure that I'm just setting myself up for failure. I don't smoke anymore, so that one is out. I don't drink much, so no problems there. Perhaps it will be the lose weight thing. I've been working on that one, so perhaps I'll pin my hopes on that resolution. Nah! I'll just go with "Try to do things better". That's a pretty generic resolution and easily accomplished.
I think I am being called to make another batch of waffles.

No comments: