Monday, January 12, 2009

Big Wind

We get a lot of strong winds here in our little corner of the world. One or two big trees near us will go each year. No matter what side of the road they're on and despite the direction of the prevailing wind, the trees will go across the road and we'll have to go the long way around. Unless of course there is another tree blocking the escape route.

We had bad winds on Sunday night and luckily this time there were no big trees down. Just some large branches that shattered upon impact with the road.

Inside the house everything was good. The electricity stayed on, flowers bloomed (This is some jasmine that I bought last year. The jasmine wanted to be a vine so I let it grow up through this small umbrella tree. It has rewarded me with a new crop of fragrant blossom.)and the cat, Julio found a very cozy place to hang out.


Outside it wasn't so peaceful. The casualties included the green house again. Just two panes this time. I'll get it fixed this weekend.


The bird feeder was knocked over too. You know, just the other day I was thinking I should put some large rocks back onto the base of the bird feeder to keep it more stable . . . I wish I had done that now. Julio was out by the fallen feeder right away. He likes to catch birds and the feeder being on the ground was making hunting a little to easy for him.

The forecast for tonight is for freezing temperatures. I didn't even need to hear the news to know that. The sky tonight is cloud free. This time of year no clouds means COLD. If we're lucky we'll get the northern lights. I haven't seen them yet this year.

------------------------------------------

It is also International De-lurking day today. I know that over the past couple of months, I have been less than diligent with my blog entries. I will endeavor to blog more often this year. I'll even check my spelling and syntax more carefully as well. I've noticed some absolute lulus in previous posts!

In the meantime, if you've been lurking for a while, today is a grand opportunity to say hello. It would be nice to meet you.


No comments: