Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Inspiration - I could do with a bit

My blog entries have dwindled. Its not that I don't sit down to the computer, I am here all the time but the link that transfers bits of my life to the keyboard has been gone wonky. Perhaps it is the lower light levels that are with us now that it is the middle of October.

The shorter days combined with the almost constant rain has got me down. I have been complaining about the rain for about two years and it turns out that I wasn't just grumpy. We are experiencing more rain than anybody else on the planet! It's official! It gets to the point where four days with no rain is a cause for celebration. The two weeks we spent in France was the most sun we saw this summer. My skin started itching again just like it did last year about this time and I was prompted by this to start taking vitamin D supplements again. Vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin! Two days after I start taking vitamin D again, the itching has gone away. Sheesh! It won't be long before the chewable form is passed out to everybody in Dumfries & Galloway.

This is the second year in a row that the rain has prevented me from getting out into the garden and keep it going. Okay so I labeled myself The Lazy Gardener, but I have also been prevented from gardening when I would have by the climate.

I'll tell you one thing though . . . I've started going into Dumfries on a Wednesday night to a diving club. We go to the new pool in Dumfries and practice our diving skills. When I get better at doing simple things like taking my fins on and off under the water, I may get to go on a diving field trip with them. They are a really nice bunch of folks and this week I think George and I will officially join the club.

Other than that, it's just been work, work, work! The Man of the Place and I have our noses to our respective grindstones. When we're not at work, we are here at the house inflicting improvements on it and doing all the housework that we let slide during the week.

I'll take the camera along with me when I walk the dog this evening and see what I come up with.

No comments: