Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Plea for Sympathy


Yesterday, I took the day off from work because I had a nasty headache brewing. Then about 1 pm I got a fever spike. I was doing cartoon like shivering. I took some pills (better living through chemistry) and went to bed. Hours later, no fever and feeling a lot better I got up. Okay so I was a little clammy, but nothing a good bath wouldn't sort out.

I did some work on the computer (dedication) after taking some more pills I went back to bed at a normal time. I knew I wasn't 100% but I didn't think I was ill enough to call in TWO days in a row so more pills and off I went. I was just fine until about 2.15 when I felt the shivers coming on again. Man, I hate those. More pills (nurofen in case you are worried that I'm connected with Class A controlled substances) and back home to the restorative comfort of my snowflake jammies. The temp is down to 101 F/38.3 C and the shivering has stopped.

We have the old mercury thermometer and I was actually worried that my chattering teeth would shatter the thing and then I'd have broken glass and mercury as well. That hasn't happened though. I may go out and get a new modern thermometer, but you just don't' think of these things when everybody is well.

I'm going on line to fish for comforting words.

The Man of the Place as wonderful as he is and as much as I love him is rubbish when somebody is ill and will all but ignore the ill person. Unlike other men he just wants to be left alone when he's not feeling well and has always assumed that other people feel the same way. We don't!

Do you think it could be malaria?

No comments: