Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day 2008

Today in honour of Earth Day, I was able to get some long overdue outside jobs done when I returned home from work. Thank GOD for longer northern spring days. Its a quarter past seven and there is still a good hour of daylight left.I built a bonfire with the prunings and lit it. Some of the branches are still quite sappy and they're not burning as well as I had hoped. I am running a bath while I get this blog entry finished. I am completely kippered! My hair and clothes smell very smoky.

I also gave the lawn its first cut of the year.

I wanted to get these two big jobs done as the forecast for the rest of the week is for (surprise surprise) rain.

I must say that I did have some very good help.
Julio helping with the mowing.
Julio helping me to haul things to the bonfire.When The Man of the Place returned home, he installed Jackdaw thwarters on the tops of the two chimneys. Now there will be no further nest-in-the-chimney problems. I managed to get a photo of one of the jackdaw looking with disgust at the new top to the chimney.

No comments: