Monday, December 31, 2007

End of the Year Roundup

It's been a pretty good year. We've been busy. It doesn't seem like 2007 should be over so soon, but there you have it. I never really got used to writing 2007 on my cheques and now I don't have to anymore.

I am having a bit of champagne earlier than I should. It's not quite the new year yet, but I may fall asleep before it gets here, so I'm having my champagne NOW!

That's the thing. Don't wait. Do stuff now. We only get one shot at life. By the time I'm too old to do things, I don't want to regret that I didn't do fun things more often. Like some very wise person said, "Nobody ever wishes that they had spent more time at the office when they're lying on their death bed."

We lost my cousin Peter toward the end of this year and that was terrible. Rest easy Peter. This past year has had some big ups too. My mother got to hear this year. Her cochlear implant is working wonders so big yipee for that!

With this most recent trip, I discovered that I am going to have to send my passport in to the embassy to get new pages added in because it's ALMOST FULL! I only have a couple of blank pages left. Some countries, like Egypt, require that there is a whole new blank page on which to paste the visitor's visa. At the airport, the guy had to go all the way to the back of my passport to find a clear page. Who would have thought THAT would ever happen?

Tomorrow is the traditional day for New Year's resolutions. We have a brand new year with no mistakes in it. I'm just going to try not to repeat any past mistakes on this shiny new year. I'll probably make some brand new mistakes in 2008. I hope they're small ones!

So, dear family and friends I wish days filled with lovely things in 2008. I was going to go on a but about love and happiness, fulfillment and peace but I always get a bit soppy after I've had a drink and I don't want to embarrass myself. Happy New Year!

No comments: