Monday, November 05, 2007

Still Missing Paris

I thought that by appreciating the lovely Scottish morning, I would stop dreaming of Paris. It didn't work. I still miss it.
Later on yesterday, I went and rubbed salt into the wound by looking at this site.

It is a link that shows the actual apartment that we stayed in when we were in Paris the last time. The apartment is steps away from the Abbesses Metro stop in the lovely Montmartre area. We could see the Eiffel tower from the kitchen window and the top of Sacre Coeur out the front window.View from my bedroom - The top of Sacre Coeur in the morning light

There is a fantastic little bar/bistro down the street with very lovely and good looking waiters. and everything is so conveniently located. I don't like living in town, but if I had to live in a city, it would have to be Paris.Xtreme English on the morning of her birthday

In the meantime, over here in rural edge of the world Scotland there are wind turbines going up on a hill near us. The big pieces are being shipped across. The pieces are HUGE. One chunk went past the house on Saturday morning and another piece this morning just as I was leaving for work. I didn't have the camera for Saturday's piece which is a shame because it was one of the big blades and it was beautifully sculptured . Today's piece was a portion of the tower.

No comments: