Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All is Quiet Over Here

Not much to report. Henry and I are hard at work. Getting things in order so that we can go on our holiday (vacation) in just over two weeks.
George is wrapping up his school year. That means tests and exams. I'm so glad I'm no longer in formal education for that very reason. I didn't like exams. I'd get too nervous.

The garden is over grown. I've not planted anything in the vegetable patch this year. It has well and truly gone to seed. I did manage to get a few tomato plants in the little greenhouse, but that is all. I'm just going to try to manage that little bit this year. I didn't even make up any hanging baskets! This is the first time in 14 years I haven't made up at least one hanging basket for the place.

I have been enjoying watching the birds in the garden. We're getting some lovely thrushes, though I can't tell if they're Mistle Thrushes or Song Thrushes. If the thrushes would be so kind as to show me the undersides of their wings, I'd be able to tell.


I saw this funny picture over on Bird Chick's blog. It seems that her husband is not a fan of birdwatching and thinks that perhaps we all go a little too overboard for what seems like a bunch of little brown birds.

We've got a second batch of Blue Tits in one of the nest boxes. I checked a nest box last weekend and there was a new clutch of eggs in it. There is also a large clutch of eggs in the swallow nest in Henry's tool shed. Fingers crossed for these tiny eggs.

No comments: