I discovered a new cleaning product in the supermarket today. I was in getting normal stuff; cat food, milk, cheese, flour etc. . . . Going through the cleaning products aisle, I saw this new purple stuff. A non-toxic all purpose cleaner that smells of lavender (my favourite!)
Years ago when I was living in Florida and had two little boys that had terrible aim in the bathroom, I used to use bleach to clean everything. I hate bathrooms that smell of wee and with two little piddlers, I was determined not to lose the battle.
One Saturday, I was too strident in my use of the chlorine bleach and I burned the inside lining of my nose with the fumes. Really, don't use that stuff in an enclosed space! After rinsing the bathroom with clear water and opening windows and keeping the extractor fan on, I was able to make the bathroom safe for humans again. Before you ask, I didn't combine chlorine bleach and ammonia. I know about that one. Since then however, I have been very intolerant of the use of bleach as a household cleaner. I can't be in the same room if bleach has been used to clean things. My nose reminds me of the pain long ago.
With this new flowery non-bleach cleaner, my quest for non-toxic cleaning products has been productive. Let's hope it works. It seemed to clean the bathroom sink quite well (soap scum and dried bits of toothpaste). I'm hopeful.
What I'd really like at this very moment is a scented candle. Polly the wonderhund is under the computer desk farting like a trouper. She likes to be in the office with me but her sulphurous guffs make me want to boot her outside.
Because I know you'll ask, this new cleaner is called Method all purpose surface cleaner (French lavender).
Urinary Incontinence is No Joke
13 hours ago