Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dork Alert


My mother has posted some photos across on her blog in response to me saying that I wished there was a photo of me and Sushi. Here we are in about 1977. It is 8th grade graduation for me and Sushi. The line up is Sushi, me and Sally in our front garden in NE Minneapolis. I wished that I had more grace back then. I see that I still have braces on my teeth but the unfortunate perm that burnt my hair I had earlier in the year has mercifully grown out and been cut off.
When I look at Sally in this photo, all I can think of is her middle child Sam. You can plainly see where he got his sense of silliness and fun!
We really were such good girls. There were episodes of high-spiritedness but mostly we tried so hard to do the right thing and be good.

9 comments:

Xtreme English said...

and you're good, high-spirited, fun girls still...pretty, hard-working, creative, loving...full of pizzazz!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful picture Peggy. I'm not sure you feel the same way, but think it's wonderful.

Jay said...

Isn't it great when mom's pull out the old photos. They always bring back lots of fun memories.

J-Funk said...

I don't think I knew what a dress was in 8th grade.

I always WISHED I had braced because it seemed everyone had them. Also I had(have) kind of crooked teeth like my dad. Apparently they aren't crooked enough to need fixing. Now, looking back, I'm really glad I never needed braces.

Anonymous said...

What a delightful picture...all those wonderful memories coming back. They may look a bit dorky now, but didn't you just think you looked so stylish?

Kell said...

I have a bad perm story myself, but I've blocked it out.

I finally got caught up on your posts. How wonderful that you found your friend after all this time. And I loved the pictures of Arran and the fog at your place.

OK, now I'm all caught up!

Joe said...

That looks a lot like the "Madge" I remember from Cornell, if not so refined and worldly-wise...

gawilli said...

Great picture - these are the best! I have a bad perm story also - funny, when it was straight I wanted it curly...when it was wavy, I wanted it straight.

Nice that you and Sushi hooked back up.

Anonymous said...

Oh-my mom
and sally too!! oh well at least the fashon police weren't invented yet!!