Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Floss Picks


These are great! The above brand is my personal favourite.

I use them all the time. I've got a box of them here at the house and a box in the car.

I floss while driving and now I have gums like iron! I started flossing in the car a couple of years ago. I made a New Year's resolution to increase the number of times I floss my teeth. I bought a box of floss picks so that I could keep a couple in my handbag. Beef between your teeth in a restaurant is too annoying for words. A quick visit to the ladies' and *ping* the floss pick has done its job. I didn't remember to refill my handbag with new floss picks so I decided to keep a box of them in the car.

Flossing your teeth while driving is slightly more socially acceptable than picking ones nose, a very popular driving activity.

Improve your oral health and prevent gum disease by flossing regularly! More people lose their teeth to gum disease than they do to decay. (its a fact!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so admire your brand loyalty- and your rock hard gums!

I tried getting floss picks for the kids a few years ago but they look too much like ninja weapons. They weren't used for flossing.

Sal

Mad Cabbie said...

Thanks for the kind words, I will be looking out for your Mom in Georgetown.

Please don't get in to an accident while flossing, I prefer picking my nose for safer driving:)

Xtreme English said...

well, the OTHER major benefit of flossing with Glide or floss picks (or my favorite, the wee motorized picks) is that it prevents heart disease!! everyone picks on poor old serviceable cholesterol as the villain, but it's really inflammation of yr arteries, which can be caused by....ta da!....gum disease. i never really paid a whole lot of attention to flossing till i got my stents. now i never miss it.

Xtreme English said...

Oh, Mad Cabbie!!! glory jee to besus, but i love yr blog.

Peggy said...

Sal, lol! Leave it to your lot to find an evil application for floss picks! What did they do with them?

Mad Cabbie,
I don't have much city driving to do, it's mostly motorway or highway driving where the pick comes out because I'm bored.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy,

This habit is really interesting and I hope its a safe driving habit.

I enjoyed your blog and I hope you liked mine. Thanks for posting a omment.

L.A.

Anonymous said...

Hi Peggy....

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I can start eating my Sweet Tarts again huh?

But...I am not sure I am ready to give up picking in lieu of flossing yet, but I'll give it some thought. I have been told that it is safer to pick while driving than talk on a cell phone. :)