Thursday, July 27, 2006

Where I've Been So Far


I found this great site. You can mark up a map of the world and a little map is created. The US States are all lumped together are all Canadian provinces. That covers most of North America, especially if you've been to Tijuana and can tick the box marked Mexico.

It does seem that I concentrate on countries that border the Mediterannean. There is a reason for that. They're fabulous!

I have made one little foray down to the Southern Hemisphere. I must say that it threw my sense of direction all to hell. I was just starting to get used to it when it was time to fly home. South Africa was great for the bird watching life list amongst other things.

There are some compelling reasons to visit Australia and New Zealand soon. Henry has a cousin and an aged aunt in Brisbane and we have some friends that have moved to New Zealand's south island. As far as ticking places on the map, then we could then add in Dubai or Singapore as they are the two most used places to refuel.

George and I are setting out our stall in a campaign for a holiday in France next year. We haven't been there as a family for a number of years and I miss France. However, we could be persuaded to go to Italy instead of France next summer.

This is all in the pre-planning stage. With the extension still chugging along we may not be able to afford to go anywhere.

I love to travel. I love airports and getting stamps in my passport. I enjoy packing and seeing how little I can take and still be comfortable. Now that I've been home for over 10 days, I'm ready to go again.

No comments: