Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Improvements

We have lived in this house for almost 17 years.  In the near future we will be finished paying for the mortgage.


View Larger Map
When we arrived here - our youngest was about 18 months old.  We have some photos of him stomping round in the garden and back yard in tiny little yellow wellies.  He is now at Napier University.  I love that he doesn't remember living anywhere else.  It is the longest I have ever lived in one spot in my life.  It's a good thing that I love living here then.

When I see this most recent satellite image of the place, I can see that it is a few years old.  We have since put all new gravel on the drive.  The chicken coop and run were taken down in August.  I haven't had chickens since then.  I may get a new hen house and re-install a chicken run.  At this point, that seems like so much effort!

The car in the drive is the one I crashed last winter.  I see that the vegetable patch is all dug over nicely.

I love to compare it with what the place looked like when we first moved here . . .   A link to the big extension project is found HERE.  I can see George's little yellow paddling pool in the front garden.  The raised vegetable beds in the front have become smooth lawn.  The big plastic tunnel (poly tunnel) had just been put up when this was taken.  The plastic that is only guaranteed for 2 years really should be replaced 16 years on.


Well . . .insert sentence full of nostalgia here.  I just thought I'd share that.

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

Nice to see the place from the air.... and congratulations on getting rid of the mortgage soon.... are you planning a huge mortgage shredding party?