Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Meeting My Mom

With the bulk of my family living in the US, I don't get to see everybody nearly as often as I would like. Sometimes a gal just wants to see her mom or dad. Today was different.

My mother is traveling from where she lives in Washington D.C. to Naples, Italy. She flew from Dulles Airport to Heathrow in London. She then had to change to Stanstead airport just outside London as she was changing airlines. This meant that she had a +4 hour layover. I took the day off from work and flew first thing this morning from Glasgow down to Stanstead and met her there. We hung out together for about four hours before I had to fly back to Glasgow and she took off for Napoli half an hour later.
We had the luxury of just being together for a bit. We had lunch, a glass of wine (or two) and just chatted.Mom, it was wonderful to see you. You look terrific!

No comments: