Friday, November 30, 2007

The Week That Kicked My Butt

This week has been exceptionally busy for me. I didn't get home until after 7 pm yesterday. On top of getting home late, I had to go right back out again for an appointment at 8. The appointment was for a manicure and pedicure. I had almost two hours of getting my hands and feet pampered. Thankfully I don't have to travel too far. There is a woman who is trained as a beautician in our village and after her tots go to sleep on Tuesday and Thursday nights, she opens up her little shop to perform her magic on the gals in the village.

I've got our work's Christmas night out next Friday and I didn't want my co-workers to run screaming from the hotel once they had a look at my feet. The way I have rationalized the expense is that I am saving my fellow sales reps from untold horrors by getting a professional to see to my hands and feet. See! I'm such a team player, always thinking of others.

The Man of The Place doesn't understand. When I got home, he was watching the telly, glass of wine in his hand, looking every inch the relaxed gentleman at leisure. I plopped down on the sofa next to him and said how much I really liked pedicures. He then asked if this meant that my feet wouldn't smell anymore. I resisted the strong urge to kick his wine glass across the room with my newly pampered and painted toes. Instead I told him that my feet wouldn't be smelling bad TODAY and whipped off a sock and showed him my glamorous feet.

"Yeah, it's your feet."
"They're lovely and soft now. She has removed my calluses. "
"Why do you need soft feet?"
"Because I am a girl!"

It's hard to explain why a pedicure is necessary. Technically a pedicure isn't necessary for life like lets say oxygen is or regular meals or warm dry houses, but if you've had a rough week, where you really haven't had a minute to yourself, booking a little thing like a manicure and pedicure in at the end of a long day really creates a little oasis of calm, nice smelling relaxation.

I must say that I felt a bit better today knowing that I had lovely hands and feet.

Because I have no beauty treatment booked for today, I have instead turned to a gin and tonic. I used a lime from our own little lime tree too.

-----------------------------------------------------

p.s. If anybody wants some eggs, we've got loads. All the neighbours haven't eaten the ones I gave them earlier in the week and the hens just keep on laying.

No comments: