Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekend Away

You may have guessed that The Man of the Place and I don't really go many places outside of our planned holidays. We don't go to pubs or out to eat in restaurants. We stay at home most of the time. This is to save up cash for better outings.

Next weekend is one of those. TMotP is a big fan of R.E.M.. He has been known to follow a European tour from start to finish. He has travelled to the US to see them play etc. . . .

The band is playing a few dates across on this side of the Atlantic so on Saturday, we're nipping across to see them play. We'll leave on Friday night though, back on Sunday. Its actually just George and Henry that are going to go to the concert. I'm just tagging along to hang out. I reached my R.E.M. saturation point a few tours ago. I like the band, but not as much as my husband does. When I saw them play the first time, in a big arena in Manchester, I actually dozed off.

It is nice that there are so many budget airlines around and we can take advantage of the low fares. It will make the countdown to our big trip to Greece fly by. (11 days to go!)

Here are three hints to where we're going next weekend . . .

James Joyce
half penny bridge

Temple Bar Pub (we stayed in the hotel just above this place the last time we were there)

No comments: