Saturday, August 26, 2006

Who was that?

I was driving up our country road and a car passed me. As this is a very rural road, I usually know everyone that might pass me on this road. There are four farms and a couple of cottages on this road and I know everybody that lives in them on a first name basis. There is also lots of tractor and other assorted traffic associated with rural life, e.g. agricultural feeds, oil tankers, livestock carrying lorries etc. . . I don't need to know everyone on the road but I know most folk. As a friendly person I always wave, just in case I know them. I'd hate to drive past and not wave, so everybody gets at least a small wave.
Yesterday, as I was taking a young neighbour boy up to his farm, a car passed me. It looked for all the world like Bruce Willis. It probably wasn't, but even young George who was sitting next to me made a comment about the driver looking like Bruce Willis.

I also learned yesterday that the French word for chopsticks is baguette.

3 comments:

Xtreme English said...

Two days after I moved to NYC in 1991, I saw Dudley Moore, the British actor, on the sidewalk outside of F.A.O. Schwarz. He was looking in the display window. A couple of months later, I passed Nicholas Cage in Chelsea on about 20th and Broadway. MAJOR EXCITEMENT. In 1948, Harry Truman's whistle-stop campaign train stopped one chilly fall evening in Fargo, N.D., and Mom and I went down to hear him speak from the rear platform of his train. It was so momentous an occasion--the crowd, the great big lights set up around the station--that I became an instant Democrat in a family of Republicans. This, of course, was back when being Republican was still honorable, not like now.

Peggy said...

Remember when we met Mel Brooks when he was walking his dogs in Beverly Hills? I wish I still had those photos.

Anonymous said...

That was soooo funny. What was his dog's name again? It was from a Walt Disney film, but it wasn't Pluto.....hmmm.