Sunday, August 06, 2006

Safe from my brother


This beautiful Drinker moth [Philudoria potatoria] was in our bath tub this afternoon. Who needs a moth trap when nobody will shut the lights off at night?

It is really hard to photograph a brown moth in a white bathtub. Thankfully this moth stayed still for ages while H and I took blurred picture after picture. This effort is the least blurry. I was taking photos that were perfectly in focus on the screen of the digital camera, but when I clicked the shutter, the photo was terribly blurred. Blasted digital cameras! The Man of the Place, who has a fancy qualification in photography from somewhere in Birmingham had to come and help me. Thanks H.

same moth on my jacket - flapping its wings

Note: Another moth this morning in the bathroom. This beautiful Silver Y [Autographa gamma] I had a bit of a triumph photographing this one. The picture was in focus the first time!

Thankfully my brother wasn't around. He would have just eaten him.

No comments: