Monday, August 07, 2006

Meme - It's all about ME

One of my loyal readers, Saz has tagged me to post a Meme entry. Saz herself was tagged by another one of my new readers A Slice of Life. I guess this means that this entry is all about me.

Five items in my freezer:

1. cranberries - I can only find them in UK supermarkets in November and December so I freeze a few so I can have them on hand if I need cranberries for any baking.
2. Ice cream - vanilla
3. Linda McCartney Deep Country Pies - The Man of the Place is a vegetarian so there is very little meat around. I'm not a vegetarian, but I cook for one every day. These are pretty good when I can't be bothered to cook properly.
4. fish fingers/fish sticks - great for lunchtime fish finger sandwiches!
5. Limoncello! The yummiest summer liqueur ever!

Five items in the closet:

1. clean sheets and pillow cases - there is one closet in our house and it doubles as the linen closet.
2. hiking boots
3. an old wooden crate that I have used as a night stand since childhood until this past Christmas - it now holds shoes
4. His clothes
5. My clothes

Five items in my car:

1. phone charger
2. plastic spoons in the glove box - you never know when you'll need a spoon for ice cream
3. a box of business cards
4. promotional material for the products I promote - takes up most of the room in the boot/trunk
5. diving weight belt with about 8 kilos of lead weight on it - just haven't moved it out of the car yet

Five items in my backpack:

How about I just tell you what’s in my handbag? The backpack is empty and hanging limply in the hallway, waiting for the next vacation.

1. Wallet
2. phone
3. lipstick
4. hand mirror
5. headache tablets

It seemed that every year, my handbags got bigger and full of more junk. One day I just decided not to carry a handbag anymore. It was very liberating. I discovered that all the stuff in my handbag was really not needed. When I went back to carrying a handbag, it was much smaller.

Five people I tag:

Xtreme English - Does Mom know five other bloggers?
Squeaky Days - Will force her to make another blog entry :-)
Bird Woman - because I think she's a potential pal and I'd like to know her better
RuPaul - because he is tapped into a mother lode of cool - probably won't take part
J-Funk - She rocks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom is doing her best to create new bloggers all the time. Most people in her acquaintanceship just laugh and say "sure, when I have the time." (They think us bloggers have the time???) I do read some wonderful political blogs like firedoglake.com. Do they count?

Peggy said...

I bet you can get Limoncello. If you can't find it in your part of California, go to Italy! Any sunny cafe on the shores of the Italian Riviera will gladly serve you a glass over ice.