Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Great Shirt

For my birthday, I was sent this FANTASTIC cowgirl, Dale Evans style shirt by my dear mom.

She has always been very good at giving great presents. I believe that it is her insider knowledge of my personal tastes and her own excellent taste that make her so great at giving gifts.

I can't wait until the weather cools down enough for me to wear a long sleeved black shirt. (compensation for loss of good weather) I also wish I could wear it to work. I may do that anyway, under a suit jacket. I already have black cowboy boots so when the time comes, the right footwear won't be a problem.

One of the regrets of my life is that I never made it to be a country n western star - or a rock chick. At least I can get the clothes.

5 comments:

saz said...

This shirt is so great. Your mom does have a knack for picking something special.

gran said...

maybe i have a knack for picking presents, but you asked for this--the giver is only as good as the giftee allows. i did find one other thing online today, which i may send for the next gift-giving occasion. i KNOW you'd love it, and i DOUBT you can get it in the UK. so....

gran said...

but most important, you are always so happy to get presents. you inspire me!

saz said...

well I'd be happy too if I got something like this!

susan said...

Happy Birthday!

What a FUN shirt! (and a great mom)