Friday, May 12, 2006

The Cows are Out!

One of the things that happens in the spring, once the grass has grown long enough is that the cows are let out of their winter quarters in the huge barns to go out and live in the fields again.

This week "our" cows were let back out again. They are still pretty dirty from their time in the big sheds but I'm sure this morning's rain will help wash them down.

Polly doesn't know what to make of these really big animals that have invaded what she considers our territory. Sadly, Polly is in no condition to do anything about the new cows. She was spayed yesterday and is still quite sore.

I picked her up from the vet yesterday after work and brought her home. She was able to walk to and from the car under her own steam. When she got to the house, she didn't go to her crate, she went and crawled under our bed (on my side) and went to sleep.

I'll let her stay at home today. I think getting in and out of the car will be too much for her. I want her to stay quiet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you said you didn't want to live more than 5 minutes away from cows. Now they're in your back yard, nearly.