Friday, April 21, 2006

Welcome Back Swallows and the Squirrel Has Returned

Back from their winter tour in South Africa, the swallows have returned. Our swallows aren't here yet, but some are. I saw one about 3 miles from Whitelees this morning. It was sitting on a phone wire as is traditional for swallows.

I am always relieved to see them. Its so quiet around here without their happy chatter.

The red squirrel has returned to the front garden too.














As I was looking at this pretty little animal, I noticed what lovely dark red fur he or she has and such distinct ear tufts. This squirrel could have come straight out of a Beatrix Potter book.

I know I am being very girly, but this is a particularly beautiful squirrel.

1 comment:

T said...

You're going to have to give him/her a name!